- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
Hurry, only 1 item left in stock!
Regardless of the size of your order, postage is a flat $15.00. Your order is guaranteed and insured to arrive safely to you door.
If you aren't happy with your order. we accept returns.
Buy Frangipani Plant
Who Doesn't Want To Buy a Frangipani Plant?
Frangipanis are small trees that grow to around 5 to 6 metres in height. They provide ample shade, and their root system is contained, making them the perfect tree for your garden. Unlike most trees that only flower for a short time, frangipanis flower from around December to April in Australian climates.
Their easily identifiable flowers have a different colour in the centre from the edges, the most common being the creamy white frangipani flower with a yellow centre. Frangipani flowers have a unique fragrance that complements any home or office garden.
Frangipani plants thrive in a tropical climate, preferring direct sunlight and being able to withstand heat, drought and even neglect! Buy your frangipani plant now.
How To Grow a Frangipani Plant
Oldboy's flowers provide you with frangipani cuttings that can be easily used to grow your own tree. But is it really that easy? Below we have outlined some pro tips you may want to remember when planting your frangipani stem cuttings.
- Water: It is best that you water your frangipani in summer and spring and hold off on winter watering. These plants thrive best in sandy soils that drain well. If you have no suitable soil in your garden, frangipanis also grow well in large pots, given there is adequate drainage.
- Food: Frangipani trees are relatively easy and low-maintenance to grow. While they do not need feeding, occasional fertiliser around the drip line won't hurt.
- Protect: Originating from Mexico, this tree is suitable for warmer climates. During cold and wet months, they are at risk of root, tip, and branch rot. A fungus causes this rot, but you can prevent it by avoiding watering during winter months and spraying an anti-rot product on leaves. You should also not place this tree in very windy conditions.
Why Buy Frangipani Plants From Oldboy's Flowers
A tree that is easy to grow and maintain and produces gorgeous flowers with a sweet-smelling fragrance; who can say no? Now that you're convinced you need a frangipani, here's why Oldboy's Flowers is your best bet:
- Root cuttings: Plant cuttings are sections of a root or stem of a healthy tree that is used to asexually produce another plant. This method is great because the cutting is almost a direct clone of its parent, meaning it keeps the favourable traits. Our cuttings are easy to plant; you can't go wrong.
- Variety: We sell more than ten varieties of frangipanis. Whether you want a white, red, or pink frangipani plant, Oldboy's Flowers can deliver it to you or your loved one in no time. You can grow this plant in your garden, or if you have a balcony, it flourishes in a pot.
- Experience: With over 30 years of experience, we know our stuff regarding plants. The trees we provide are all of top quality and guaranteed top quality and guaranteed success in the right conditions. Join our many happy customers by trusting us to meet your plant needs.
One of our favourite Summer trees.
The species variously are endemic to Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean, and as far south as Brazil and north as Florida, but are grown as cosmopolitan ornamentals in warm regions. This is why they thrive in Australia.
The flower represents birth and love; spring and new beginnings. It's an extremely positive and hopeful symbol, so it's no surprise that it's extremely popular and adored. In Hawaiian culture, the frangipani can be used to symbolize a woman's romantic status when worn in the hair.
Tips - Plant in a north facing area, do not water too much. 1 drink a week, and do not feed them unless you want them to put on fast growth. Having them in a open position to full sun is absolutely critical
- 140mm - 300mm +
- Supplied as Bare-rooted
- Email us for cuttings ($10 off listed price below)
About Oldboy's Flowers
Oldboy had a green thumb since he was a boy. He always had a passion for gardening, and this passion attracted tourists from all over the world to see his gardens. These blossoming beauties also appeared on ABC News and other news stations, and these very same plants could bring your home garden to life.
Oldboy's Flowers maintains that same passion today, and we strive to have every happy customer produce a happy garden. We ship our products all across Australia and have a live chat from 7 am-7 pm AEST to answer all your product and plant enquiries.
We also have a Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube account for you to keep informed with all things plant-related. Feel free to contact us now to get the frangipani of your dreams.