All Varieties sent tube stock
5 - 15cm +
Bella™ Agapanthus orientalis PMB010 (PBR)
Flower height to about 30cm
- Good quality flowers
- Flowers early to mid-spring
- May reflower in mid-summer to late autumn
- Plant width 36cm, foliage height about 45 -50cm, leaf width 1.5cm
- Semi dwarf, compact green foliage
- Tolerates hot humid conditions well
Blitzza™ has tall heads of beautiful pure white flowers. The large plants are suitable for borders and mass plantings or as features.
- Flower height to about 1-1.2m
- Flowers over summer
- Plant width 50cm, foliage height 45 - 50cm, leaf width 3.5cm
- Tolerates hot humid conditions well
- Low seed set
Double Blue Boy™
NEW RELEASE Agapanthus Double Blue Boy is an unusual agapanthus with double flowers. These plants are grown from tissue culture to ensure uniformity and stability of flowering.
- Flower height up to 1.5m
- Flowers from early summer
- Plant width 50cm, foliage height 55cm, leaf width 3cm
- Low seed set
Maxsie™ Agapanthus orientalis 'PMB012' (PBR)
- Flower height about 40-50cm
- Flowers from mid summer to late summer
- May reflower at other times including autumn and early winter
- Plant width 36cm, foliage height 38cm, leaf width 4cm
Offsets better than many other bicolour agapanthus
- Attractive broader compact foliage
- Low seed set
River Garden White™ Agapanthus orientalis 'PMB020' (PBR)
River Garden White has heads of beautifully shaped pure white flowers with a unique mix of six petal and multipetal flowers throughout its umbel. Ideal for borders and mass plantings or as features.
• Flowers late spring to early summer
• Flower height to about 1m
• Plant width to 70cm, foliage to 70cm, leaf width to 3.5cm
• Vigorous growing evergreen agapanthus
• Tolerates hot humid conditions well
• Moderate seed set
Agapanthus Purple Cloud is one of the darkest pendulous flowering Agapanthus available. An impressive cultivar both in and out of flower as a plant. It is a large impressive agapanthus with leaves to 50 cm long and 4 cm wide. Dark violet blue pendulous flowers on long stems from 1.5 to 2 m in height
Snow Ball (Dwarf)
Agapanthus Snowball is a compact dwarf white agapanthus. It has strong wide short foliage. An added advantage of Snowball is that it sets no viable seed. Unlike some other dwarf agapanthus, snowball is very hardy and flowers over a long period with a profusion of pure white flowers in Summer. Flower spikes to 30 cm tall.
Warning: Unauthorised commercial propagation or any sale, conditioning, export, import or stocking of propagating material of this variety is an infringement under the Plant Breeder’s Rights Act 1994.
Buy Agapanthus Online
Oldboy’s Flowers: Buy Agapanthus Online
Who doesn’t love Agapanthus? Many gardens across Australia boast these beautiful, hardy, evergreen plants with their unique, striking flowers that add some colour and texture to your outdoor areas. Now you can order Australia’s most beautiful and popular Agapanthus strains without even leaving your home. Buy Agapanthus online from Oldboy’s Flowers.
Indigenous to South Africa, but now naturalised almost everywhere on the globe where the climate is favourable, Agapanthus are popular with gardeners worldwide. A wide variety of cultivars are bred, most specifically for their country of origin, but often exported to other countries. The African lily, or Agapanthus, is especially popular in Australia due to its hardy nature and spectacular beauty. We have a wide variety of Agapanthus online, making choosing the ideal plant for your application quick and convenient.
Why You Should Buy Agapanthus for Your Garden
Agapanthus are known for their beauty. Varieties are largely similar, sporting delicate flowers in beautiful blue or white – or combinations of blue and white – on a stalk above the leaves. However, that’s where the resemblance ends. The flowers of the different cultivars are exceedingly variable, which makes them all the more attractive to gardeners.
- Hardy: Agapanthus can survive in almost any soil condition. Additionally, they’re highly resistant to weather conditions and not prone to disease. These plants are a definitive advantage for your garden.
- Low maintenance: Don’t have green fingers? Not to worry. The Agapanthus is tremendously forgiving, not requiring much care and still managing to look beautiful.
- Aesthetically ideal and practical: Whether you’re looking for a change of texture, a burst of colour, or a focal point in your garden, you won’t be disappointed with Agapanthus. They make for perfect weed cover and ideal borders. They are just big enough to stand out without dominating other garden features and plants.
You Can’t Go Wrong With an Agapanthus Plant
Also known as the Lily of the Nile, Agapanthus is not, strictly speaking, a lily but rather a species all its own. It is widely revered throughout its native South Africa for medicinal as well as magical properties, where it is known as the plant of pregnancy and fertility. It is used in traditional medicine production for everything from heart disease and chest tightness and pains to coughs, colds, and much more. Wearing a necklace made from the roots of this plant is said to act as a charm to produce strong, healthy babies. We carry a wide variety of Agapanthus cultivars:
- Bella and Blitzza™: Ideal for borders, mass plantings, or features in gardens or containers, our Agapanthus Orientalis PMB010 sports dainty agapanthus blue flowers with contrasting blue stripes and petal edges over a pale blue or white background. Blitzza is larger and equally ideal for borders or as a feature plant. It has a taller stem with striking pure white flowers.
- Madelyn and Double Blue Boy: The evergreen Madelyn features attractive strap-like foliage up to 3cm in width and 55cm high with tall stems and eye-catching purple flowers. The Double Blue Boy cultivar is grown from tissue culture and uniquely features double flowers.
- More cultivars: We offer an extensive array of other agapanthus cultivars, including Maxie, which features beautiful bi-colour blue and white flowers. River Garden White features unique heads of beautifully shaped pure white flowers. Purple Cloud has dark violet-blue pendulous flowers on long stems and leaves up to 50cm long and 4cm wide. The Agapanthus snowball dwarf has short, robust foliage, flowering over a long period with pure white flowers in summer.
Your Number One Online Agapanthus Resource
We conveniently have all the Agapanthus you could need under one digital roof. Our user-friendly online shop, highly competitive prices, and fast, reliable delivery represent the ultimate flower-buying convenience.
Contact us today for more information.