Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number). We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Details of products viewed, and action taken on our website, may be used to assist in re-targeting advertisements.
Sharing you personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Text Marketing and notifications
By entering your phone number in the checkout and initialising a purchase, subscribing via our subscription form or a keyword, you agree that we may send you text notifications (for your order, including abandoned cart reminders) and text marketing offers. Text marketing messages will not exceed $5 a month. Unless you are outside of Australia and depending on your providers fee's. You acknowledge that consent is not a condition for any purchase.
If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving text marketing messages and notifications reply with STOP to any mobile message sent from us or use the unsubscribe link we provided you with in any of our messages. You understand and agree that alternative methods of opting out, such as using alternative words or requests will not be accounted as a reasonable means of opting out. Message and data rates may apply.
For any questions please text HELP to the number you received the messages from. You can also contact us for more information. If you wish to opt out please follow the procedures above.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
For what purpose is personal information collected, held, used and disclosed?
All data is processed by the business on a lawful basis. The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information are:
- to offer our products and services to our clients. In doing so we may disclose personal information to other people or entities involved in the provision of the product or service, such as government departments and individuals. Unless compelled by law, we will never disclose personal information without the client’s knowledge and consent;
- to facilitate our internal and external administrative processes including financial and business operations and reporting requirements;
- to obtain, maintain and comply with the terms of our professional indemnity and other insurance policies; and
- to comply with applicable laws.
How can personal information be accessed or corrected?
Clients may access their personal information and seek correction of it at any time by applying to our office in person or in writing.
Clients will be formally identified before releasing or amending any personal information.
Is personal information disclosed outside of Australia?
Where necessary we will disclose personal information to overseas recipients, including a related body corporate. The likely countries that information might be sent to include, The United States.
What is the complaints process relating to personal information?
- our customer services team; or
- the Office of the Australian Privacy Commissioner.
All staff are responsible for protecting the confidentiality of client information and business information. Refer any data breaches, or suspected data breaches, to the customer services team as soon as possible.
What is an eligible data breach?
An eligible data breach, defined in s 26WE(2) of the Act, is when:
- both of the following conditions are satisfied:
- there is unauthorised access to, or unauthorised disclosure of, the information;
- a reasonable person would conclude that the access or disclosure would be likely to result in serious harm to any of the individuals to whom the information relates; or
- the information is lost in circumstances where:
- unauthorised access to, or unauthorised disclosure of, the information is likely to occur; and
- assuming that unauthorised access to, or unauthorised disclosure of, the information were to occur, a reasonable person would conclude that the access or disclosure would be likely to result in serious harm to any of the individuals to whom the information relates;…
If there is a suspicion of a breach
If we suspect that there has been an eligible data breach, a reasonable and expeditious assessment will be conducted within 30 days.
If we believe or have reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach then a statement will be prepared setting out:
- the business’s details;
- a description of the breach;
- the kind or kinds of information concerned; and
- recommendations about the steps that we will take in response to it.
If practicable, we will advise the contents of the statement to each of the affected clients who may be at risk from the breach. If this is not practicable we will publish the statement on our website and take other reasonable steps to publicise its contents. Communications with individuals will be via their preferred communication method.
The statement will be submitted to the Privacy Commissioner.
Exception to reporting
Mandatory notification requirements are waived if remedial action can be taken that results in a reasonable person concluding that the access or disclosure is not likely to result in serious harm to any of those individuals.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at Oldboysflowers.com.au.