They produce a mass amount of flowers in spring, summer and autumn
Day Lilies Plant
Beautify Your Garden With Day Lilies – a Plant of Many Colours
Few flowers can match the spectacular sight of day lilies. Plant these in your garden for a joyful display when they’re in full bloom. At Oldboy's Flowers, we’ve been producing the best flowering plants year-round for the past 20 years using innovative nursing techniques. From seedlings to flourishing mature plants, we offer quality products and services to help grow your garden into a haven of nature’s best.
What Sets Us Apart When it Comes to Day Lilies
As seen on Northern Star, Sunrise 7, and ABC News, here are a few reasons why we have become the go-to plant store for customers Australia-wide:
- Evergreen. As expected, you’ll find that our peak season for producing flowers is springtime. However, our attentive growing techniques often see us yielding masses of these flowers in summer and autumn. There is no need to wait for September to start your flowerbed with our popular yellow daylily blooms that are resilient in most weather conditions.
- Tourist attraction. Our nursery is not to be missed for plant lovers. It’s a great place to bring visitors who would like to see and learn more about Australia’s indigenous flora. Please browse our vast online catalogue to see what you can expect to find.
- 30 years’ experience. Our business started 20 years ago, but our experience in botany goes back much further. We offer professional advice for the green or green-fingered when it comes to plant care.
Products for Getting More Value Out of Your Daylily Plant
Our customers frequently ask us how to grow and look after plants. Below, we share more about our range of premium growth products proven to be the most effective.
- Seed to Bloom. Healthy plants begin with healthy soil. We have studied the results of growing plants with different fertilisers and noticed a significant increase when using liquid fertiliser. Our plants and bulbs, such as the orange daylily, blossomed within a shorter period after applying ‘Seed to Bloom’ and maintaining favourable environmental conditions for growth (adequate water, sun, and air). This product is available in spray bottles to allow even ground distribution. 20 ml of fertiliser diluted in a 2-litre bottle treats 21 square metres of gardens, while 30 ml in the 3-litre bottle treats 31 square metres.
- Rejuvenator. As the title suggests, this product is intended to inject new life into existing plants. It works by increasing the microbial diversity and activity in the plant cells and fosters the expansion of the plant’s root system to absorb and deliver essential nutrients to the plant. In addition, you’ll find it even more helpful for keeping your plant protected from unwelcome insect and pest attacks, which means you won’t need to use as many potentially harmful chemicals.
- pH adjuster. Few people are aware of the role that acidity levels play in the growth process of plants. Too much or too little can adversely affect your plant’s lifespan. This product is rich in fulvic acid, a natural substance that promotes growth and helps ensure your plant makes full use of nourishment found in soil and water. It can also aid your plant in efficiently releasing naturally occurring waste products through biological processes. This has been tried and tested in Canada, where the number of crops yielded greatly exceeded the average. This product is available in 1-litre bottles.
Choose Oldboy's Flowers to Brighten Your Garden
There’s nothing like a beautiful flower to brighten anyone’s day. Our broad range of day lilies, also called Hemerocallis, are known for their colourful variations and distinctive form. They’re sure to gain many admirers in your garden. We also offer reliable products and professional advice to help you nurture your plants, no matter your experience level.
Contact us to order your lucky dip containing a bare-rooted day lily today. Please take advantage of our competitive prices, country-wide shipping, and exclusive rewards when you become a member.